The point of BDD is to build a system form a perspective of a user, rather than just as a developer.
As a partner, I need to be able to login, so that I can update my upcoming events.
Need to deliver a story and prove that it works.
An integration test is any test that cross the boundries of a system
- Gherkin language for feature files
- rspec for tests
- capybara to drive the browser
The tools are the same just when with gherkin thrown on top - cucumber is platform and language agnostic
So a problem I have is when to test built in features of the framework or gem.
Given, When, Then
same as Arrage, Act, Assert (which is what ALL tests do) in people talk
1 2 3
- Act, and Assert
1 2 3 4
- user regex in the step file if you are going to reuse it
- acceptance tests should be used to test large swatches rather than every permuation
@pauselike a binding
@wipwon’t run unless specified to run
- custom tags work too, so even then you’d run it with
cucumber -t @jonas
- or you can run multiple tags at one time, e.g.
cucumber --tags @billing,@important